ILLiad Services for Online/Distance students
Any currently enrolled Loyola student living outside the metro area can use ILLiad to request materials the library owns. This service is also available to students who live in the New Orleans metro area who are isolating or quarantining. Please note that you will need the item mailed to you in your request. It is your responsibility to make sure the address in ILLiad is up-to-date.
- If you find a citation for a book that the Monroe Library has, please request it through ILLiad. We will mail the book at no cost to you; the charge for mailing the book back is your responsibility and you can use Media Mail or Library Book rate.
- Due to time restraints, we cannot request books or other physical media from other libraries for distance students. Please use your local public library's interlibrary loan service, or use WorldCat to see if the material you need is held by a nearby library.
- No more than five Monroe Library books are sent out to a student at a time. Books are sent by USPS Priority mail once the request has been processed.
Article and book chapters:
- If you need an article or book chapter owned in print by the library, you can request it be scanned. Make these requests through ILLiad.
- Distance and Online Students can also request articles and book chapters that the library does not own; request these items through ILLiad as normal.