Plan Your Visit
The Reading Room will be closed to all researchers (visiting researchers and Loyola community) for the foreseeable future. To help mitigate the loss of in-person research, we will offer expanded scanning options for research requests. Given limited in-person staffing, the requests will be fulfilled at our discretion and on a flexible time frame.
Please read our guidelines below and fill out a Researcher Request Form for assistance.
PLEASE NOTE: In person access to Special Collections & Archives has been suspended until further notice. We will continue to offer virtual reference and research assistance. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note: Some materials are not suitable for reproduction as determined by the archivist.
- Reproduction of materials does not grant copyright or permission for publication. For information on copyright or permissions contact email@example.com
- Delivery of reproductions (other than for download) will include additional postage and handling costs.
- Additional fees not listed can be added due to the complexity of the services requested.
- All fees must be paid by check, money order, or cash if on site.
Updated and approved: 05/22/2020
- Please allow 5 business days to complete orders of 5 scans or less.
- Orders with more than 5 scans may require additional time.
- Many materials are available for download at no charge from our Digital Collections at 72ppi, permission to publish is still required. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permissions.
- The possibility of rush service, and excess image digitization is based on staff availability and number of scans requested.
- Some image digitization requests due to format and condition will not be fulfilled and are per the archivist’s discretion.
|300 ppi||JPG or TIFF||$15.00|
|600 ppi||JPG or TIFF||$25.00|
|700 ppi and up||JPG or TIFF||requires negotiation|
|Excess Image Charge - More than 10 images||$25 flat-fee (in addition to per image charges)|
|Rush Service—for orders required within 3 business days||100% of total cost|
- Our audiovisual collections contain film, video, and audio recordings in magnetic media, film, and grooved media.
- Digitized audiovisual materials can be provided for a negotiated fee contingent on a collection’s use restriction.
- Un-digitized items have often not been viewed or listened to and service copies of audiovisual items may need to be made before viewing or listening for content. Please consult Special Collections & Archives staff for further information and pricing at email@example.com.
- Photocopying is available on a limited basis at the discretion of the archivist.
- Orders will not be completed on a while-you-wait basis. The normal turnaround time is 72 hours.
- Exceptions are granted for requests of 10 pages or less. Large orders may take several days to process.
- We do not photocopy entire collections, or large sections of collections.
- Some materials are fragile or oversized and not suitable for photocopying, as per discretion of the archivist.
Please fill out the Researcher Request Form to request permission to quote or publish from Special Collections & Archives' holdings, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission fees. Fees may be discounted for nonprofit use, university presses, and others.
Note that permission to publish is not to be confused with copyright permission. Physical ownership of a book, photograph, work of art, does not imply that Loyola University New Orleans owns the copyright, literary right, trademark or other intangible rights relating to the material in the collections. See our Research Guide on Finding and Using Media for more information about copyright.
No copies of the material furnished by Loyola University New Orleans Special Collections & Archives are to be sold, or in any way further reproduced or used without prior written consent. Copies may not be duplicated or deposited elsewhere.
Published and/or exhibited copies must be credited to the legal owner as follows: [Title], [Name of Collection or Book], Special Collections & Archives, J. Edgar & Louise S. Monroe Library, Loyola University New Orleans.